Tie Dye. Scales and Arrows
Tie Dye. Scales and Arrows. Ice Dyeing. Dyeing with Liquid Dyes.
Welcome to master class!
Duration of the video is 2 hours 30 minutes. Engish subtitles are available
"I LOVE THE TIE DYE. I ENJOY THE PROCESS OF TIE-DYEING EVERY T-SHIRT OR TAPESTRY. I THINK IT’S VERY INTERESTING"
I’ve been doing the tie dye for over 8 years. I started doing it because I wanted to make things with my hands and work for myself. I was always interested in colors and making clothes. That’s why I started tie dyeing. At first, I learned it by watching videos on YouTube. Having learned the basics, I started creating patterns myself. In 2014, I registered on Facebook and found foreign masters and their works. It encouraged my progress. Now I sell my works all over the world.
I love the tie dye. I enjoy the process of tie-dyeing every t-shirt or tapestry. I think it’s very interesting.
What will you learn?
- You will see how to create two kinds of scales (rhombus) patterns.
- You will see how to create a pattern we call an "arrow pattern" for its sharp shape.
- You will learn how to create many other patterns by using the same folding techniques as for the two patterns mentioned above.
- We dye two T-shirts. One T-shirt is dyed with liquid dyes, the other one is ice dyed.
- Also, I show different techniques of folding fabric.
If you have already seen the masterclass on mandalas, this masterclass will shine new light on many ways of folding and tying fabric. If you haven't seen it yet, you can find details and buy it here